A Guide and Fun Facts about Sauvignon Blanc
A serene aura on the beach can be best celebrated when taking a Sauvignon Blanc wine with seafood. Sauvignon Blanc wine is a dry white wine that originates from New Zealand. Find the best Sauvignon Blanc wines in Kenya at Thirsty Oak wine shop in Karen.
The wine comes from Sauvignon Blanc greenish grapes. The grapes make good dry wines because they are grown in cold regions, which inhibit enzymatic action in making sugar compounds.
Sauvignon Blanc tasting notes
Many factors come into play to determine the taste of Sauvignon Blanc. However, the general flavor of this vino is citric, with zesty and earthy notes.
- First, the acidity of Sauvignon Blanc influences its savor. Unlike its colleague Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc possesses higher acidity. That makes the drink have a sour and bold taste.
- Secondly, the drink has herbaceous notes of lemongrass, tarragon, and cut grass.
- Sauvignon Blanc also has fruity flavors like lime, pears, plums, or tropical fruit like passion. These flavors balance its sour and bold taste.
- Depending on the aging of Sauvignon Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc can have different tastes on where it was aged. If the beverage were aged in Oaks, the drink would have some notes of clove or oak spice. On the other hand, the wine can be crispy if aged in stainless steel.
Three best ways to serve Sauvignon Blanc
1. Check the ideal temperature
White dry wines taste refreshing when chilled. The sourness and any unpleasant taste of Sauvignon Blanc will decant when drinking the wine chilled. However, the alcohol will become stronger at a warm temperature and activate the wine's acidity.
On that note, serve the drink at 10 - 13 degrees Celsius. This temperature can be attained when you keep the wine in the fridge for at least two hours.
2. Consider the type of glass to use
Consider polished glassware with a lining that triggers the fizzing of the wine. An effective white wine glass to use has a narrow stem and wide mouth. Such glass allows the free flow of wine's aroma to bring the best of your drink. You can still use a tumbler if you don't have such glassware.
3. Reflect on the food pairing options
Seafood like shellfish, oysters, crabs, and others pair well with Sauvignon Blanc. The sourness and flavors of this wine will enhance the taste of seafood.
Cheese like feta, goat cheese, or mozzarella will also do great. The wine's sour aftertaste complements the taste of the cheese.
Where to buy Sauvignon Blanc in Kenya
The quality of Sauvignon Blanc makes it a sought-after wine in Kenya. If you are unsure where to buy the white wine, you can search for the best Sauvignon Blanc wine brands and prices in Kenya.
On that note, buy Sauvignon Blanc wine online at Thirsty Oak wine shop. We have the best collection of Sauvignon Blanc wines brands in Kenya, where can choose the best. We also offer the best Sauvignon Blanc Prices in Kenya and home wine delivery in Karen.